Trident’s Rights of Light team were instructed at an early design stage to advise on the rights of light and daylight & sunlight constraints adjacent to this small development plot in Harrow, Middlesex to the rear of St Ann’s Shopping Centre.
An initial desktop study comprising historic planning research, legal title reviews and high-level 2D section exercises gave rise to more extensive investigations and a modelled assessment using specialist daylight software to precisely quantify the level of risk.
Design input was subsequently provided following procurement of technical data, production of a highly accurate 3D model and measurement of the impacts on neighbouring amenity and legal rights; and a scheme was designed which sensitively nestled into the surrounding context.
Specific services included:
• Desktop property research
• Rights of light title reviews
• Procurement of technical data
• High-level and in-depth design assistance
• Technical daylight & sunlight analyses
• Technical rights of light analyses
• Rights of light compensation valuations
• Scheme cut-back and envelope exercises
• Provision of risk-mitigation advice